You can find here the most frequently asked questions below. If you are unable to find the answer to your question below, please email us at [email protected] and a customer service representative will respond to you shortly.
Reservations and Traveling
1. How much notice is required to make a reservation?
Arecibo suggests that you book a reservation 24 hours in advance to ensure a car will be available. However, we can often provide unscheduled pickups. You may call us or check online for same-day availability.
2. Will I get a call when my car arrives?
As a courtesy to our customers, we do attempt to contact all our customers when their drivers are on location. However, we are not always able to contact passengers upon a driver's arrival due to heavy call volume.
3. Can the driver come into my building to pick up my luggage and bring it out to the car?
Unfortunately, drivers are unable to leave their vehicles unattended. Our drivers will be pleased to assist with your luggage from the front of your building to the vehicle.
4. How much notice is required to cancel a reservation?
Arecibo requests that our customers cancel their reservations at least 2 hours in advance for Manhattan pick-ups and 3 hours in advance for pick-ups outside Manhattan.
Cancelations made after the requested time-frames are subject to cancelation fees.
5. May I make a last minute change to my reservation?
Arecibo attempts, to the best of its ability, to accommodate last minute changes.
If you would like to make a change to your reservation, please notify us of your change at least 2 hours in advance for Manhattan pick-ups and at least 3 hours in advance for pick-ups outside of Manhattan.
6. If I have already booked a reservation from the airport, what should I do once I land?
After you retrieve your luggage, please call us with your confirmation number so that we can direct you to your car. Your driver will pick you up within minutes at a designated curbside meeting point located right outside your baggage claim.
You may reach us at 718-783-6465.
7. For airport pickups, must I reserve a car in advance or can I call for a car once I land? How long will it take to pick me up?
Arecibo can generally provide unscheduled airport pickups. Please call us once you have landed to check our availability. If you would like to ensure availability, we recommend that you book a car in advance. It takes approximately 5-8 minutes for the driver to pull up to your terminal.
1. Must I wear a seatbelt in an Arecibo car?
No. Arecibo drivers are for-hire vehicles. Therefore, their passengers are exempt by New York State from laws regarding seat belts. However, Arecibo highly encourages all riders to buckle their seatbelts while traveling.
2. Must my child be in a child safety/booster seat?
No. Infants and young children are not required by law to be in a safety/booster seat. Children under the age of seven (7) are permitted to sit on an adult's lap. However, Arecibo does recommend that parents bring a child safety/booster seat for the child's safety.
3. Does Arecibo offer child car seats?
Yes. However, you must reserve in advance and there is $10 Child car seat fee.
4. What are the passenger and luggage capacities of the various vehicles?
Sedans and Luxury Sedans can accommodate up to four passengers with 3 standard size luggage.
1. Does Arecibo provide handicapped accessible vehicles?
Yes. You may reserve an unmarked, handicapped accessible vehicle by calling us at 718-783-6465.
2. Will Arecibo carry a Service Dog?
Yes. When booking a reservation, please be sure to tell one of our phone agents that you will be traveling with a service dog so that we can accommodate you.
3. May I bring my pet into an Arecibo vehicle?
Yes, Arecibo can accommodate dogs, cats, and small pets. With the exception of service dogs, any animal over 25 lbs must ride in a minivan or van. All animals must be leashed or in a carrier when traveling in an Arecibo vehicle.
We request that when traveling with a pet, you notify a reservationist in advance so that Arecibo can accommodate you. Please note that if you fail to notify a reservationist that you are traveling with a pet, the driver reserves the right to refuse to transport the pet.
4. How old must my child be to travel alone?
Children must be at least 16 years of age to travel alone
1. Can I get a receipt when I pay in cash?
Yes. Your driver will provide you with a cash receipt in the vehicle at the end of your trip. If you forgot to get a receipt in the vehicle, You may also call our office at 718-783-6465 Mon-Fri between 9am-5pm and request that a receipt is faxed or mailed to you.
2. Who is responsible for any toll charges incurred during my trip?
Passengers are responsible for any toll charges incurred throughout the trip. Upon arrival at your destination, your driver will inform you of the additional toll charge.
The fare quoted by a reservationist or on our website does not include the toll amount.
3. Is tipping mandatory? Is there a set percentage I must tip?
When traveling in a Sedan, Luxury Sedan, Mini-Van or 10-Passenger Van, the gratuity is at the discretion of the passenger. It is customary to tip a driver 15%-20%.
When traveling in a stretch limousine, SUV and 13-passenger van, a mandatory gratuity of 20% will apply.
The fare quoted by a reservationist or on our website does not include the tip amount.
4. May I pay with a personal or business check?
No, we do not accept checks. We accept cash, all major credit cards, including American Express, Visa, MasterCard.
5. Does Arecibo charge for waiting time? If so, how is waiting time charged?
Yes. Waiting time charges may be incurred if a passenger arrives late to a pick-up. Waiting time is based on the hourly rate for a particular vehicle and is charged at 15-minute increments.
Time spent waiting at additional stops will also be charged as waiting time. Waiting time charges may apply after the complimentary waiting time expires on a round-trip.
6. Does the fare include tolls and tip?
No. The fare does not include tolls, tip, waiting time or additional stops.
7. How much are tolls?
Tolls depend on the route taken to get to your destination.
The following are approximate toll amounts from Manhattan to JFK, LaGuardia, and Newark airports.
- To and from JFK Airport: $5.00
- To and from LaGuardia Airport: $5.00
- To and From Newark Airport: $11.00
1. If I left a personal item in an Arecibo car, how can I get it back?
If you think you have left an item in one of our vehicles, you may report the lost item by contacting our customer service department at 718-783-6465
An agent will get back to you with regard to the status of your property.
If your item has been found, you may retrieve it at our office located at 171 5th ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217.
If you wish to have FedEx pick up the item from our office and deliver it to you, notify a customer service representative that you will arrange for FedEx to make the delivery.